No-Bake Apple Cheesecake Parfaits are the perfect, no-fuss, crowd-pleasing dessert. A creamy, apple-infused cheesecake mixture is topped with nuts, cranberries and caramel. Make ahead and freeze for easy entertaining.
Have I mentioned that I’m in apple butter overload these days? After making A LOT of low-sugar Crock Pot Apple Butter, I realized that this spread is more than a condiment used to top waffles and toast.
I already had success using it in Cranberry Apple Caramel Popcorn and Stuffing Muffins. The addition of this sweet “butter” in a recipe infuses an apple flavor that’s hard to duplicate. Now that the holidays are in full swing, I decided it was time to incorporate it into a favorite cool treat…no-bake cheesecake.
The Not So Secret No-Bake Cheese Cake Formula
The quickest route to a cheesecake treat is the no-bake one. It’s a lower-calorie choice too. Simply mix 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 8 ounces of whipped topping and you’ve got the base for so many desserts. Use low-fat ingredients to save a few calories. Mix-in and/or top it with your favorite ingredients, drop it in a graham cracker pie crust and wohoo…you’ve got a pie…that you can make ahead and freeze too!
Or, layer the ingredients into a parfait. I’m a big fan of the trifle because you get all the creamy goodness of cheesecake, but less of the calorie-laden crust. I love a graham cracker crust, but I save that indulgence for the real thing. 🙂
Apple Cheesecake Parfaits
To give the cheesecake mixture a hint of apple flavor, add 1/3 cup of apple butter to the cream cheese mixture. Even though the apple butter is sweet, a little sugar keeps the customary cheesecake flavor, particularly if you’ve used a low-sugar version of apple butter.
To make the parfait, layer dried cranberries, toasted walnuts, crushed graham crackers and more apple butter. For a decadent treat, top it with caramel sauce for caramel apple cheesecake parfaits.
- 8 ounces of light cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup apple butter
- 8 ounce tub of lite whipped topping
- Optional Toppings
- Toasted walnuts
- Dried cranberries
- Crushed graham crackers
- Apple butter
- Caramel sauce
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, and ⅓ cup apple butter, using beaters to mix until light and fluffy.
- Stir in whipped topping.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into serving dishes, cups or mason jars.
- Top or layer with nuts, cranberries, crushed graham crackers, apple butter or caramel sauce.
- Allow mixture to set in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or store in freezer for up to two months.
- If serving from freezer, allow parfaits to defrost in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before serving..