Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps topped with cashews come together in minutes for an easy fake-out of this restaurant favorite. Completely transform last night’s chicken dinner with this cook once, eat twice meal!
I sure hope you have some extra Blackened Chicken Breast with a touch of honey tucked away! If so, these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps will come together in minutes. Minutes. (I’m just saying, my mantra is: it’s always a good idea to make lots of chicken when you’re cooking!) If so, this is a cook once, eat twice meal.
And…if that’s something that you’d like to do more of, then hop down to the bottom of this post and see all of the healthy, cook once, eat twice recipes my nutritionist and healthy-minded blogger friends are sharing today. But first…
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps Tips and Tricks
Here are all the ingredients you need to make these tasty wraps:
- A big bowl of thinly sliced cabbage (I used a bagged coleslaw mix of green and red cabbage and carrots)
- Fresh cilantro and green onions are piled on top of the cabbage
- Asian-inspired dressing is tossed with the cabbage
- Leafy green lettuce
- And of course, cubed Blackened Chicken Breast with a touch of honey!
I’m not going to lie to you. Things can get messy.
It helps to use nice, big leaves, like green leafy lettuce, that you can wrap around the filling.
On the other hand, big romaine lettuce leaves make a nice sturdy shell.
Whatever you do, ahemm, eat them in the proper company. 🙂
Or, turn this recipe into a salad. No judgment here!
If you choose to go the lettuce wrap route. You will not be disappointed.
I truly did not miss the flour tortilla. Instead, I kinda felt like I was eating a salad with my hands…and…well, I liked it!
- 6 cups of thinly sliced green cabbage (I used a bag of cabbage prepped for coleslaw that had red cabbage and carrots mixed in)
- 1 batch of Asian Dressing (see ingredients below)
- 3 cups of cooked and cubed Blackened Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (more to taste!)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- ½ cup of cashews, chopped
- 1 head of green leafy lettuce, washed, dried and separated into single pieces
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake to combine.
- Toss cabbage and Asian Dressing together in a large bowl.
- Fold in chicken, cilantro and green onions.
- Scoop chicken/cabbage mixture into the center of a piece of lettuce and top with cashews. (The amount will vary depending upon the size of the lettuce leaf.)
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!