We are busy planning out decorations for fall which calls for a snack, a fall snack. It’s especially critical here in Florida since there’s no cool weather to set the mood. I can think of anything tastier or faster than these easy pumpkin muffins. Happily, I’ve got a can of pumpkin and a box of cake mix in the pantry! Yup…2 ingredients. That’s all it takes…and about 30 minutes.
I’m not sure who to credit for these easy pumpkins muffins since I’ve been making them for so long and have seen the recipe so many places. Weight Watchers? It’s a staple at our house this time of year because everyone looooves them and they are free of many common food allergens (egg, soy, milk, peanut.) This year we discovered that they make a very nice soft cookie too.
In case you don’t know about this hack, here’s the recipe for easy pumpkin muffins:
1 Box Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix (or yellow cake mix or carrot cake mix)
1 can pumpkin
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
Directions to make regular-sized muffins or cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour ingredients into a bowl and mix well. (Don’t be alarmed..it is a little tough to stir!)
- Grease cookie sheet or muffin tins with cooking spray or use paper inserts for muffins.
- Portion approximately 1/4 cup of the mixture into each regular muffin tin. For cookies, portion out about 1 Tablespoon of mixture per cookie. (A scoop is a really helpful tool for uniformity and quick release! See picture below.)
- For cookies, press mixture down slightly with a fork. (Spray the fork with cooking spray so it won’t stick.)
- For regular-sized muffins: cook approximately 18-20 minutes. For cookies: cook approximately 18 minutes. Let rest a few minutes.
- If you have leftovers, they freeze well. Wrap in plastic and store in a plastic bag.
This won’t last long around here. 🙂