I should have never tasted it in the first place. It was smooth and creamy with just a hint of peppermint. Addictive. (My healthy eating habits were going so well too.) Nobody at the house would eat a sweet with peppermint in it. Now that I have indulged, the desire is overwhelming. I must make white chocolate bark…to share with family and friends.
Some family members harbor very strong views about the use of peppermint at our house. It must be savored all by itself. So, we made two types. White chocolate with pretzels and sprinkles and another batch with said peppermint sticks. Do you have a lot of candy canes around your house too?
First, prepare your mix-ins. Place pretzels in a plastic bag and whack it with the back of a spoon. Try to leave some larger chunks. About 50-75 pretzels sticks (or 7 standard candy canes) work well for a 12 ounce bag of white chocolate chips.
There are couple of ways to melt the chocolate. One option is to use a double boiler. If you don’t own one, then you can make your own by placing chips in a heat safe bowl over a pot of boiling water. Or, easier still…just microwave it. This was the route we used. Microwave at half power for 30 second intervals, stirring constantly. Do not overcook. (I can’t emphasize this enough. Yes you can read between the lines.) It won’t take long, about 2 minutes in total.
Now add your mix-ins. Add more, if desired. But, save some goodies to garnish the top.
Scoop the mixture into a pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Make it as thin as you would like. Of course, the thicker it is, the longer it will take to harden and the harder it will be to break. Ours is about 1/2 inch thick. Since we only used one bag of chips, a 9 x 9 pan worked well.
Don’t forget to sprinkle garnish over the top. We added red and green sprinkles for the holidays.
Wait. Wait. Wait while it cools in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Now, break into pieces. If it is too thick you may need a knife to start the process.
Enjoy, but hopefully not in one sitting!
This is such an easy treat to make and share. Imagine all the possible goodies you could throw in!
Easy White Chocolate Bark
- 12 ounce bag of White Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Place pretzels in a plastic bag and crush with the back of spoon, leaving some pieces larger than others.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at half power for 30 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Continue to microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until the white chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Stir broken pretzels into melted white chocolate.
- Scrape mixture onto a baking sheet or plate covered with parchment or wax paper.
- Garnish with additional pretzels and sprinkles.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the mixture hardens.
- Break bark into bite size pieces.