This simple strawberry smoothie with yogurt is thick and creamy and low in calories and fat. You won’t believe how easy it is to make!
It’s safe to say I’m now smoothie-obsessed.
It’s my post work-out refreshment. A satisfying after dinner “treat.” It could very well be a delicious breakfast…except that I can’t give up my steel-cut oatmeal.
When the craving hits, I just gotta have one. (It reminds me of those late-night frozen yogurt runs I used to make in college during a study session. Although I’m pretty sure procrastination played a role.)
In any event, I just couldn’t keep traipsing down the street to the closest smoothie joint. It was too expensive and sucked up valuable time.
This simple strawberry smoothie with yogurt replicates, pretty closely if I do say so myself, the Strawberry Beach™ Smoothie I occasionally enjoy at Tropical Smoothie Cafe. I don’t have their secret recipe. Through trial and error and with a lot of perseverance, here’s what I learned about making this yummy treat at home:
Simple Strawberry Smoothie with Yogurt Tips and Tricks
- Use slightly frozen fruit to give the smoothie a thicker consistency.
- Unless you have a super-duper fancy blender, defrost the fruit just to the point that you can cut it with a knife.
- If the smoothie isn’t the right consistency, add a little extra fruit or ice to make it thicker.
- Taste test the smoothie before you pour it out of the blender. The formula will vary just as the size of the berries do. Ad more strawberries or sweetener as needed.
This simple strawberry smoothie with yogurt has about 160 calories, if use use a no calorie sweetener.
- 1½ cup frozen strawberries, partially defrosted (to the point that you can just slice with a knife)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ½ cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sweetener (2 Tablespoons sugar or 4 packets of Splenda or other sweetener of choice. I use a 1 Tablespoon of a Sugar/Stevia blend)
- Cut strawberries into large chunks.
- Place ingredients in blender and cover with top.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve cold.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!