Slow Cooker Sicilian Chicken takes minutes to prepare, simmers all day and is ready to enjoy when you get home from work. It doesn’t get any easier thanks to McCormick’s Skillet Sauces!
If I were to sum up this recipe and McCormick’s tasty Sicilian Chicken Skillet Sauce with Tomato, Basil and Garlic in one word, it would be versatility.
- I used it in a slow cooker instead of the stovetop. It’s an option on the package and some days I need to walk in the door and have dinner done!
- I paired the chicken with zucchini and artichokes instead of mushrooms and onions as suggested on the package. Both are perfectly tasty flavor combinations. But, you have to use what you have on hand and I can’t give me crew mushrooms and onions every day…can I? (Really…I’m asking?)
So…Slow Cooker Sicilian Chicken with Zucchini, Artichokes and Feta Cheese was born!
I’m not sure it qualifies as an authentic “Sicilian” dish. But, it’s definitely a very tasty dish!
It has been a pleasure to cook with McCormick‘s 7 skillet sauces. (In case you missed it, I shared a recipe for Black and White Bean Chicken Chili last month.) These convenient packages give you a head start on making an amazing meal using ingredients you’d find in your pantry. Even though a quick and easy recipe is listed on each package, there’s plenty of opportunity for improvisation. The Sunday Supper group has been making that case all month long. Follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board and see all of these recipes and get more great ideas to get a delicious dinner on the table fast.
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken things (or breasts)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into ¾ inch thick slices and halved
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 package McCormick Sicilian Chicken Skillet Sauce
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Place chicken, zucchini and artichoke hearts in a slow cooker.
- Pour Sauce over the top.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.
This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Looking for more quick and easy dinner options? Check out what’s on the #WeekdaySupper menu this week:
Monday – Slow Cooker Sicilian Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
Tuesday – Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry by The Messy Baker
Wednesday – Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
Thursday – Chicken Fajita Bowls by Family Foodie
Friday – Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!