It takes just 10 minutes of prep time to wow your family and friends with Tex Mex Cheddar Corn Casserole!
Yikes! We lost an hour of sleep today. (Does anyone else have trouble adjusting?!) Easter is early this year. (I still haven’t taken down the Valentine’s Day decor!) And, school work and extracurricular activities take up every spare moment…life does not slow down in the teenage years (actually, time seems to speed up!)
My motto this year continues to be healthy recipes that are SIMPLE!
But, that doesn’t mean I’ll accept boring…and you don’t need to either!
I’m thrilled to be partnering with Del Monte to bring you this Tex Mex Cheddar Corn Casserole Recipe. It’s part of their #10MinuteWow recipe collection which includes recipes that are wow-worthy, tasty and easy to make. Check out all of the recipes on their Easter #10MinuteWow Pinterest Board. You’re sure to find inspiration for your Easter celebration.
Tex Mex Cheddar Corn Casserole
These recipes are super easy to customize to your families tastes too!
I’m sure it’s no surprise to my dedicated readers that my family fell in love with a Mexican twist to this cheesy casserole.
It’s the very first thing that came to mind as I was perusing the recipes because the main ingredients, corn, black beans and shredded cheese, are always on hand. It’s a good bet that there are plum tomatoes on the counter and cilantro struggling to grow outside.
Adding the extra protein turns Tex Mex Cheddar Corn Casserole into an Easy Prep/Hands-Off dinner option.
It will also be a very colorful and festive side at our Easter celebration this year! 🙂
Create your own #10MinuteWow recipes from Del Monte’s #10MinuteWow Easter Pinterest Board and enter the #10MinuteWow Pinterest contest for the chance to win a special Del Monte gift basket including:
(1) $200 American Express gift card
(1) Casserole dish
(1) Serving Spoon
(1) Del Monte Recipe Book
Del Monte product
To enter the Sweepstakes select a recipe from Del Monte’s Easter #10MinuteWow Pinterest Board and pin it to your personal Pinterest Easter Board using the hashtags #10MINUTEWOW and #DELMONTECONTEST then send the link to your Easter board to [email protected] during official Sweepstakes hours (March 2, 2016 at 3pm PT – March 16, 2016 at 3:00pm PT.)
Read more about the contest here. Good luck…and Happy Easter!
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 (15.25 oz.) cans Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and well-drained)
- ⅔ cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss together cheddar cheese, flour and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Stir together milk, hot sauce, corn, black beans and ⅓ cup cilantro in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place cubed cream cheese over the corn mixture.
- Layer cheddar cheese mixture over corn mixture in baking dish and mix to combine and distribute ingredients.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Top with remaining cilantro and diced tomatoes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Del Monte. The opinions and text are all mine.