Satisfy your sweet tooth with Magical Blueberry Cloud Bread Danishes. They're perfect for low-carb, gluten-free and ketogenic diets.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Healthy Aperture Blogger Network and Yoplait® yogurt. All opinions and thoughts are 100% my own.
Magical is the best way to describe these Blueberry Cloud Bread Danishes. There are only a handful of ingredients and they're easy to make. Most importantly, they are delicious and satisfy a sweet tooth craving that might otherwise be off-limits for a low-carb or gluten-free diet. That's what makes them extra special in my book. 🙂
In case you're new to the world of cloud bread, it looks like a tasty bread round, feels light and airy when you pick it up and tastes like....well that depends.
It can be savory or sweet, depending upon where you head with the basic recipe. If you add ricotta and garlic, you'll get a savory result like our Low-Carb Cloud Bread that's perfect as a sandwich bun or pizza base.
On the other hand, if you add Yoplait® Original Mountain Blueberry yogurt, you'll get a sweet version, that's fitting for a danish or breakfast toast.
Yogurt is the workhorse in this recipe. It's the base that offsets the stiff egg white peaks and it contains the touch of sweetness needed for a dessert-like cloud bread.
You'll only need 3 Tablespoons of yogurt to make the rounds. So, while the cloud bread is baking, make a quick and easy topping with the rest of the container. Yoplait® Original Mountain Blueberry yogurt is PERFECT in this recipe. It has more of what your love about Yoplait - FRUIT! You'll have pops of blueverry in the bread AND on top!
We mixed a little sweetened cottage cheese into the yogurt for a cheesy topping. But...it's also very tasty with just the creamy, blueberry yogurt slathered on top. It doesn't get any easier than that!
Consider yourself warned. An AMAZING blueberry armona will waft through the house while these are baking! Prepare yourself for the rush when they are done. They will go fast.
Please rate this recipe below and tag @DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Blueberry Cloud Bread Danishes
- 6 ounces Yoplait® Mountain Blueberry Yogurt
- 3 eggs large
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 Tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 packet of sweetener, such as a sugar/stevia blend to sweeten cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add 3 Tablespoons yogurt to a large bowl. Set bowl and remaining yogurt aside.
- Separate eggs placing the yolks in the bowl with the yogurt and placing the whites in a separate clean bowl.
- Stir egg yolks into yogurt and set bowl aside.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites and beat on high speed until peaks form, usually about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold egg whites into yogurt, being careful not to stir too much and deflate the egg whites.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop about ¼ cup of batter to make 1 round. About 6 rounds will fit on each baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is browned.
- While cloud bread is baking, mix remaining yogurt with cottage cheese and sweetener.
- Top cloud bread rounds with a dollop of yogurt mixture and enjoy!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!