Chicken Curry in a Hurry has kick from curry that is mellowed by the sweetness of honey. With just 5 ingredients, this easy recipe comes together very quickly.
Busy times call for a simple chicken curry recipe. When it’s 5:00 and you’re not sure what to have for dinner, this is your go-to recipe!
This is another recipe that we offered at our Make Ahead Meal Store that’s kid-tested, freezable and was very popular. It’s also a great introduction to curry, if this isn’t a spice you enjoy often.
Once you’re hooked, try Crispy Curried Chick Peas, which uses a small batch of the same sauce. Move on to Curried Cauliflower Rice next. After that you’re ready for a night out at an Indian restaurant. 🙂
You can feel extra good about serving this easy curry sauce over everything in site because there are plenty of reasons to add curry to your diet. Often used in Indian food, it’s actually a combination of 20 different spices. But, you’ll just need one bottle on your spice rack to make this.
How to Make Chicken Curry in a Hurry
I call this sauce “curry in a hurry” because there are just 4 ingredients and it’s so quick to whip up.
Combine olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard and curry powder in a small bowl. That’s it! There’s plenty of leeway to add more or less of any ingredient. But, we suggest starting out with ratios below.
Tip: Measure the olive oil first, followed by the honey. The honey will slip right out of the measuring cup…no mess!
The sauce will easily cover 2 pounds of protein. Spoon it over chicken in a baking dish and turn to fully coat each piece. Bake and enjoy! We use tenders because they cook a little more quickly than chicken breasts.
If you want to set some of the sauce aside to use as a dipping sauce, spoon it out first…before the sauce or any utensils have touched raw chicken.
Better yet, just pour all the sauce into the pan with the chicken. When you remove the pan from the oven, spoon leftover sauce from the pan into a cup for drizzling.
What to serve with Chicken Curry in a Hurry
You’ll have about 25 minutes to pull together some sides while the chicken cooks. Here are our top choices:
- Cauliflower rice cooks quickly on the stove top or microwave
- Rice will take a little longer to make…so plan ahead for this side
- Roasted vegetables, such as cauliflower, broccoli or potatoes. Cook in a pan next to the chicken!
- Wilted spinach on the stove top
- Salad greens – no dressing needed!
Top with scallions or snipped cilantro and it will feel like you’re dining out!
Please rate this recipe below! Pin Chicken Curry in a Hurry to your easy dinner Pinterest board and share a picture if you make it!
Chicken Curry in a Hurry recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- Sliced green onion, chopped cilantro optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a baking dish.
- Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat each piece completely.
- Bake chicken until no longer pink inside, for approximately 25 minutes.
- Spoon excess sauce over chicken when serving.
- Garnish with green onion or cilantro, if desired.