This easy hummus recipe is packed with an Asian-inspired flavor combination of ginger, garlic, lemon, coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and a touch of brown sugar. It takes just minutes to make this healthy and tasty dip.
Because we have a soy allergy in the house, I use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce and this seasoning really shines in this dip. I've successfully made the recipe with soy sauce. But, the flavor is more intense. Whereas the coconut aminos flavoring is subtle and easily melds with the other flavors.
Speaking of ingredients, there is plenty of opportunity to adjust the taste of this hummus. I've doubled the amount of coconut aminos (not the soy sauce though.) And, I've used just 1 teaspoon of brown sugar....and an entire tablespoon. If you're feeling experimental, start with a small amount of an ingredient, mix it up in the food processor, taste test, and adjust as necessary.
Easy Hummus Recipe with an Asian Twist
- 16 ounces chick peas garbanzos, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos or Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar packed
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Sesame seeds for garnish optional
- Green onion thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape down sides as necessary Mixture will be a little chunky but can be easily smoothed with a spoon.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired.
- Serve with crackers and vegetables.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!
Betsy @ Desserts Required
I am so glad you waited until after the holidays! It would have been a shame to miss out on something so delicious!
Thanks Betsy! Happy New Year!