It’s time for a little indulgence at our house and this fruit pizza cookie is one of my weaknesses. Top a cookie with cream cheese frosting and fresh fruits and I am in heaven.
If you need a quick and easy, but totally impressive recipe for a cookout, let me suggest this red, white and blue version if it’s for a Patriotic holiday.
If it is not a patriotic occasion, then let your imagination run wild. We have more decorating ideas from around the web below.
How to Make It
It tastes as yummy as it looks. The base of this pizza is a cookie. We used this Key Lime Cookie Recipe, which is mild and a bit chewy. But, any cookie recipe will work. If you’re in a hurry, buy refrigerated cookie dough from the grocery store.
Roll out the dough so that it’s about 1/4 inch thick. I was able to make two 9 inch pizzas with one batch of the key lime cookie recipe. When you roll out the dough, make sure to leave about 1/2 inch around the edge of the pan so the cookie can expand. Our cookie turned up nicely to make a nice “pizza” crust.
The creamy white pizza “sauce” is a simple combination of whipped topping, cream cheese, and sugar. You can buy already whipped cream cheese which gives me a head start on making it light and fluffy.
Use electric beaters to make sure everything is thoroughly mixed. Small peaks will begin to form. The recipe below will easily cover two 9 inch pizzas.
For my vegan friends, use soy-based substitutes for whipped topping and cream cheese.
Just about any fruit will work. But, fresh blueberries and strawberries are tried and trued on a fruit pizza cookie.
There is not a right or wrong way to slice the strawberries. Honestly, you could chop them up in small pieces and make a mosaic and this fruit pizza cookie would be outstanding. And…we tried that too!
For this version of fruit pizza cookie, we diced the strawberries and kiwi so we could make a pretty mosaic!
Fruit Pizza Cookie Inspiration
- Circular design by Pinch of Yum
- A mural by Kids Activities Blog
- Personal pan pizzas by How Sweet It Is
- No design at all, yet still stunning by The Pioneer Woman
- On top of chocolate, of course by Betty Crocker
How about a rainbow theme or school colors? I’ve seen gazillion beautiful Valentine themes too!
More Desserts Using Fruits
- Dark Chocolate Covered Blueberries
- No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes topped with Fruit
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom if you make it. We love to see and SHARE what you’re cooking up!
Fruit Cookie Pizza Recipe
- Refrigerated cookie dough or from your favorite recipe
- 8 ounces whipped topping defrosted
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups Assorted fruit
- Roll out cookie dough onto a large pan, leaving about 1 inch around the edges for the cookie to expand and cook according to directions.
- Allow cookie to cool completely before decorating.
- Combine whipped cream cheese and sugar and then add whipped topping to the bowl.
- Use electric beaters to thoroughly combine the mixture for about 1 minute. The mixture will stiffen and begin to form soft peaks.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the pizza leaving a crust around the edge.
- Cut fruit, if necessary.
- Decorate! Start in the middle and work your way to the edges.
- Refrigerate leftovers.