Make Mexican Street Corn Dip and you won't be able to stop at just one chip. Fresh corn, black beans, tomatoes and red onion blend into a creamy dressing with a bit of heat. Top it off with feta cheese and you'll be hooked too.
True story. Not too long I became addicted to Mexican Street Corn in a Cup. It's delicious. I actually resist making it very often because I end up eating more than my fair share.
Sign of an addict? Maybe.
So, I came up with Mexican Street Corn Dip. It has the same great flavor of elote but gets pops of color from tomatoes and red onion and a protein boost from black beans.
And, if there happens to be leftovers (which is hardly ever), then just call it dinner. 🙂
Mexican Street Corn Dip Tips
A few key ingredients take this dip over the top:
Corn - This recipe is best with fresh corn and the easiest way to make it is by cooking corn on the cob in the microwave with the husk on! But, if you have the grill out, then use this method! And, if you only have frozen or canned corn, then use that.
Sour cream or Greek Yogurt - It adds tang! Sour cream gives Mexican Street Corn a very traditional taste. Greek yogurt is a healthier option and tastes great too.
Cayenne pepper - If you absolutely can't stand spicy recipes, then leave it out. Otherwise, add at least a little. I'm pretty sure the sweet/heat is what makes this recipe so addictive. We were pretty conservative.
Calories - To keep the calorie count down a little, don't use full fat products!
No chips? No problem. Just use a spoon and call it Mexican Street Corn Salad.
Yep. I'm hooked. And, I'm really glad that fresh corn is so readily available right now.
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe
- 4 Cobs of corn To yield approximately 2 cups of corn kernels
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Lime juice
- 2 Garlic cloves pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper add more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbled or cojita cheese
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 plum tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- Chopped parsley or cilantro optional garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Follow these directions to microwave corn on the cob.
- While the corn is cooking, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, garlic and cayenne pepper in a serving dish.
- Cut corn from the cobs, add to serving dish and stir to combine.
- Add corn, black beans, red onion and tomatoes to serving dish and mix with creamy dressing.
- Fold in feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with garnish, if using, and enjoy!