Microwave Corn on the Cob in Husk
Microwave Corn in the husk. It's the easiest way to enjoy fresh corn and you don't have to mess with any silk!
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Place the corn on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high as follows:1 ear – 2 minutes2 ears – 4 minutes3 ears – 5 minutes4 ears – 6 minutes
Allow the corn to cool untouched after cooking for about 5 minutes.
Cut about 1 inch off of the end of the corn that has a stub. Don’t cut the end with the silk showing.
Grab the end of the corn with the silk and pull it away, rocking gently if needed to begin the process.
- Store corn in the husk in a cool place or the refrigerator until you're ready to cook it.
- You can also freeze corn on the cob in the husk.
- Timing will vary based upon microwave wattage. Start with suggestion and add additional time as necessary.
- Corn will be very hot. Hold one end with a hand towel.
- If you're having trouble pulling off the husk, peel the top back a little to help get it started.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 6.1mg | Iron: 0.5mg