Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Quinoa Chili
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili with Quinoa is a hearty, meatless recipe that will even satisfy the carnivores in your house.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced sweet potato about 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup diced onion about 1/2 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 32 ounces vegetable broth 4 cups
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained 1 can
- 1/2 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice or squeeze of fresh lime juice
Place olive oil in large pot and heat over medium high heat.
Add sweet potato and onion to a pot and saute for about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for about a minute more.
Add remaining ingredients, except for cilantro and lime juice, to the pot.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender and the quinoa is cooked.
Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Sweet potatoes can be peeled and cubed ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Freeze leftovers or extra batches in tightly-sealing plastic bags or individual freezer containers.
- Add crumbled beef or turkey, if desired.
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 1688mg | Potassium: 1181mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 15515IU | Vitamin C: 19.6mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 5.5mg