Chicken Arugula Rice Salad with Sesame Dressing
Chicken Arugula Rice Salad with almonds and red peppers is tossed with a tasty sesame dressing. It's a quick and easy crowd-pleaser!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups brown rice parboiled or instant rice
- 3 cups Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken cooked and diced; or any cooked chicken
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 cup red pepper diced, 1 large pepper
- 1/2 cup green onion sliced about 1 bunch
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced or slivered
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, low-sodium coconut aminos for gluten-free, soy-free
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or sweetener of choice
Cook rice according to instructions and transfer to serving bowl when done.
Toss rice with chicken, arugula and red pepper.
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and pour over rice and chicken mixture. Toss salad to coat with dressing.
Top with almonds and green onions.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 553mg | Potassium: 576mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1565IU | Vitamin C: 51.4mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 2.1mg