Spinach and Feta Muffins Recipe
Spinach and Feta Muffins have just 3 ingredients but taste like the fancy filling in Greek spinach pie! Enjoy as a healthy appetizer, snack or side dish.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Resting Time 5 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 18 muffins
- 15 ounces chopped spinach defrosted; To yield 1 1/2 cups of spinach once water is pressed out
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled; about 4 ounces
- 1 egg large or extra-large
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove excess water from defrosted spinach by placing it in a strainer and pressing down on top with a bowl or with hands, allowing water to drain onto a plate or in the sink.
Combine spinach and feta cheese in a large bowl using a fork to break up clumped spinach and distribute feta cheese throughout the mixture.
Lightly whisk one egg and stir it into the spinach/feta mixture until well-combined.
Mound spinach mixture into a mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Press mixture down with the back of a spoon or fingers.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until firm and starting to brown.
Allow spinach feta muffins to rest in the pan for about 5 minutes before serving and then enjoy!
SEE STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS ABOVE!
- Defrost spinach by placing unopened package in a bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
- If using a standard muffin pan, additional bake time may be required (about 5 minutes.)
- The 5 minute rest time is very important, especially if making a standard sized spinach muffin.
Refrigerator storage: Store muffins in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For best results, reheat in a toaster oven for 2-3 minutes until warmed.
Freezer storage: Place muffins in a freezer bag in a single layer until frozen solid. After that, move them around as needed. Be careful because they are delicate and spinach will chip away. For best results reheat from frozen for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Calories: 20kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2246IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg