Shrimp Tortilla Soup Recipe
Easy Shrimp Tortilla Soup is fiesta-worthy even though it's ready in under 30 minutes. It's perfect for a quick dinner or a party!
Servings 4 Servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth low salt
- 15 ounces black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces hominy rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen or fresh
- 4 ounces mild green chili peppers diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 20 Optional tortilla chips crushed
- Optional toppings such as cheese, sour cream, avocado
Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat.
Add onions and garlic and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes, broth, black beans, hominy, corn, mild green chili peppers, oregano and chili powder to pot and stir to combine.
Bring soup to a slow boil and add shrimp.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with a handful of crushed tortilla chips and other toppings of choice.
- To make ahead and freeze entree, add all the ingredients to a freezer bag and store in the freezer for 2-4 months. Defrost completely and following cooking instructions.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 2068mg | Potassium: 1184mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 911IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 283mg | Iron: 8mg