Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies are amazing! This naturally vegan recipe is fudgy, healthy and delicious. You'll never know there's a vegetable hiding inside.
Servings 12 servings
- ½ cup canola oil or olive oil
- ¾ cups Stevia Sugar Blend (to equal approx. 1 AND ¼ cup sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large zucchini or 2 cups of shreds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Thoroughly combine oil, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl.
Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
Combine sugar mixture and flour mixture. The batter is crumbly.
Grate zucchini and measure 2 cups of shreds.
Stir zucchini shreds into batter until thoroughly incorporated. Batter should be moist and thick.
Scrape batter into an 8 x 11 baking dish.
Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the brownie is fairly firm and begins to pull from the sides of the pan.
Allow brownies to cool before enjoying.
Variations: Add ½ cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 333mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1.3mg