Death by Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Decadent yes! But, these Death by Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are Healthy too! Make them and see what all the fuss is about.
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Stevia sugar blend or ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder dark chocolate
- 1 egg replacer (see notes below) or 1 egg beaten
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk any kind of milk is ok
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine flour, Stevia sugar blend, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cocoa powder in a bowl.
Stir egg replacer (or egg), milk and oil into the dry mix. The batter will be stiff.
Add the zucchini shreds and stir to combine. As the zucchini is incorporated the batter will become softer, but will still be on the thick side.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill muffins tins lined with paper liners or coated with cooking spray about ⅔ full. (If using paper liners, give them a spritz too!)
Bake for 20-25 minute or until the muffins are firm.
Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes in pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool further.
To replace one egg combine 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 Tablespoon vinegar and 1 Tablespoon water.
Helpful Kitchen Tools:
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg