Sesame Beef Stir Fry with Ginger Soy Sauce
Sesame Beef Stir Fry in a fantastic ginger soy sauces is a low-carb, 30 minute, one-dish meal that's better than takeout.
Servings 4 servings
- ¼ cup soy sauce low salt or coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar or low-carb alternative
- 3 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil or avocado or vegetable oil
- 1 pound top round beef cut into strips for stir-fry
- 2 cups carrots cut into strips or sliced thin
- 6 ounces snow peas string removed
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup green onions sliced, white and green parts
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
Combine soy sauce (or coconut aminos,) sugar, garlic and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat canola oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
Add beef to skillet in batches and cook for about 3 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Remove beef from pan and set aside.
Add vegetables, white parts of green onion and sauce to skillet and cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
Return beef to skillet, stir in sesame oil and stir to coat with sauce.
Top with remaining green onions and sesame seeds.
- Replace brown sugar with sweetener of choice and leave out carrots to keep recipe South Beach Diet Phase 1 compliant.
- Coconut aminos can be found in a health food store and are a good substitute for soy sauce. It's also gluten-free. Please check product labels.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 794mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 11279IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 4mg