Cajun Shrimp Guacamole Bites Recipe
Cajun Shrimp Guacamole Bites are an easy, elegant appetizer for your next party that can be served on a cucumber, healthy cracker or even in a cup.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound shrimp, large peeled and deveined, tail-on or off; 31-40 shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice mix see homemade version in notes
- 1 Simple Guacamole Dip about 1 cup
- 1 English Cucumber Cut into rounds
- Optional bottom layers include, chips, crackers, scoops, potato rounds
Add shrimp, olive oil and Cajun spice to a bowl and stir to combine.
Pour shrimp into skillet (along with any excess olive oil that is in the bowl) and cook over medium-high heat in a single layer for 3 minutes.
Flip shrimp to other side and cook for about 3-4 minutes more or until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Set aside.
To assemble, place cucumber round on serving plate, top with a heaping dollop of guacamole and then place one shrimp on top.
- Homemade Cajun Spice Blend
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- Not into spicy? Follow the same process using lemon pepper seasoning or just salt and pepper.
- Make-ahead tips: Marinate shrimp in olive oil and spices ahead of time. If you decide to cook shrimp in advance, warm it just before serving. Cut and chop all of the ingredients except for the avocado and prepare guacamole fresh before serving.
- Options for the bottom layer include:
- Crackers - we use whole wheat or gluten-free if possible.
- Chips or scoops - there are lots of healthy options made from black beans, chickpeas and more.
- Wontons cooked in the shape of a cup.
- Potato rounds (the same process used for potato crostini)
- Sweet potato chips
- Cucumber rounds - we used a seedless English cucumber
- Parmesan crisps
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 444mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 1mg