Chinese Orange Chicken
Forget takeout! This Chinese Orange Chicken recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes and has a finger-licking good sauce that can be made as spicy as you like it!
Servings 4 servings
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos for soy-free, gluten-free version
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste, leave out for no heat
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Stalks from one bunch of broccoli peeled into ribbons*
- 3 carrots peeled into ribbons
- ¼ cup sliced green onions for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
Add chicken pieces to pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
Mix corn starch and water together in a small bowl.
Add sauce and corn starch slurry to pan with chicken and toss to coat chicken.
Add broccoli and carrot ribbons to pan and stir to coat with sauce.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 929mg | Potassium: 734mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 7960IU | Vitamin C: 36.1mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1.5mg