Roasted Grape Tomato Caprese Salad
Roasted Grape Tomato Salad is festive and EASY! The twist to the classic Caprese flavor combination in this recipe is to caramelize the tomatoes so they are sweet before drizzling the balsamic reduction over everything!
Servings 4 small servings
- 1 Pint grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into small cubes (½ to 1 inch in size)
- 8-10 basil leaves cut into thin strips
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic syrup or glaze
- Salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut tomatoes in half or leave whole.
Mix tomatoes with olive oil.
Place tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Roast for about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes just begin to pucker or burst, flipping halfway through.
Remove tomatoes to a serving dish.
Layer cubed mozzarella and fresh basil strips on top of the tomatoes.
Drizzle balsamic glaze over the top and enjoy!
Expert Tips (See photos above):
- You can make this recipe without roasting the tomatoes!
- You can also make this recipe with any type of tomato.
- Cut tomatoes in half in either direction or leave whole.
- Remove the seeds or discard tomatoes with green insides which indicates that they are not fully ripened.
- Tomatoes may be roasted in an air fryer.
- To make a Balsamic Glaze:
- Bring twice the desired amount of balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat in a small saucepan. Reduce the temperature and simmer until the amount is reduced by half and is a nice syrupy consistency. Cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn. Start with ½ cup of balsamic vinegar and use the leftover glaze for other uses. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving sizes are small. Double or triple the recipe as needed.
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1123IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg