Simple Black Bean Quinoa Soup
Delicious and Healthy Black Bean Quinoa Soup is simple to make because the quinoa cooks in the SAME POT as the soup AT THE SAME time so all the flavors perfectly blend together.
Servings 4 servings
Black Bean Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced; about 1/2 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 30 ounces black beans rinsed and drained; 2 15 ounce cans or approx. 3 cups
- 14.5 ounces tomatoes diced; One 14.5 ounce can or approximately 1 1/2 cups
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed if not purchased pre-rinsed
- Avocado diced
- Cilantro chopped
Heat olive oil in a large cooking pot over medium heat.
Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions are softened.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
Add the remaining soup ingredients, except for the garnishes, to the pot and stir to combine.
Raise heat to high bring soup to a low boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Garnish with avocado and cilantro, if desired
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 1187mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1200IU | Vitamin C: 20.3mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 6.3mg