Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tenderloin in Blackberry BBQ Sauce
Sweet and tangy blackberry bbq sauce is outstanding on slow cooker pulled pork tenderloin, chicken or as a dipping sauce. Perfect when you want lots of flavor and no fuss!
Servings 6 servings
- ½ cup blackberry preserves seedless
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 1 onion halved and cut into slices
- 2 pounds pork I prefer pork tenderloin, but a pork butt is also a good option.
- 6 Hamburger rolls optional
Add the first 6 ingredients to a small bowl and stir until well-combined.
Reserve ⅓ cup of sauce for serving time. (The reserved sauce should never touch the raw meat.)
Place pork and onions in the crock pot.
Pour the remaining sauce over the pork and onions.
Cook on low for 6-8 or high 4-6 hours.
Shred pork using two forks.
Serve on hamburger rolls spooning reserved sauce on top, if desired.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 452mg | Potassium: 768mg | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1.9mg