Taco Salad in a Jar
Assemble Layered Taco Salad Jars to enjoy tasty, no-mess, healthy, low-cal salads all week long.
Servings 1 serving
- 2 Tablespoons salsa
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream Greek yogurt or vegan version
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes Other suggestions include peppers and carrots
- ½ cup hearts of palm chopped
- ½ cup black beans Other options include chicken, tofu and shrimp and/or grains
- ¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded, or vegan version
- 2 cups lettuce we used butter lettuce and spinach
- Tortilla Chips Optional; best to keep separate and add before serving
Mix Salsa and Sour Cream together and layer in the bottom of the mason jar.
Layer the remaining ingredients in the order presented.
Cap and store until ready to serve. Pour contents onto a plate and toss to coat with dressing. Top with crushed tortilla chips, if using.
- For keto-friendly South Beach and low-carb diets, substitute chicken or other protein for black beans and use salsa that is sugar-free.
- For best results, make sure your ingredients are "dry" before you put them in the jar.
- I used quart-sized mason jars. A smaller size would work for a side salad.
- Placing a paper towel at the top of the jar will absorb excess moisture.
- You may want to avoid ingredients with strong odors, such as onions. Add these on serving day, if desired.
- Salads should stay fresh for 4-5 days.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 491mg | Potassium: 2898mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 1485IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 408mg | Iron: 5mg