Chinese Napa Cabbage Salad with a Crunchy Topping
Chinese Napa cabbage salad is tossed with sesame soy dressing and topped with ramen noodles and slivered almonds browned in butter. A party favorite!
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 large head crinkly Chinese cabbage aka Napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 5-6 green onions sliced thin
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons Stevia Blend to equal ¼ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter margarine or dairy-free substitute
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package Top Ramen noodles broken into small pieces (any flavor, we discarded the packet, but it can be used if desired)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Salt to taste
Mix sliced cabbage and green onions in a large bowl.
Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake well to mix.
Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, toss to coat and set aside.
In a large frying pan, melt butter and stir in olive oil.
Add broken noodles, almonds and salt (if desired.)
Saute until noodles and nuts are lightly golden brown.
Sprinkle crunchy noodles and almonds over the cabbage mixture.
Calories: 632kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 32g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 639mg | Potassium: 815mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1043IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 265mg | Iron: 3mg