Italian Seafood Soup
Italian Seafood Soup or Cioppino is an easy, elegant, one-pot dream come true. It's low-calorie, low-carb, gluten-free and delicious!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes 2 14.5 ounce cans, petite diced
- 32 ounces broth low-salt chicken or vegetable
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined, tail off (I used medium-sized shrimp)
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 pound cod cubed or other firm white fish, such as mahi mahi
- 10 clams cleaned
- 10 mussels cleaned and debearded
Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add onions, garlic, carrots and celery to pot and saute for about 5 minutes or until tender.
Add tomatoes, broth, wine, basil, thyme and oregano to the pot and stir to combine.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Stir in the seafood and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until seafood is cooked through and clams and mussels have opened.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1088mg | Potassium: 922mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4145IU | Vitamin C: 17.8mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 3.4mg