Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms Recipe
Air Fryer Steak Bites and Mushrooms are ready in 15 minutes with minimal clean-up. But, it's the juicy taste and crispy outside that will AMAZE you!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound sirloin filet cut into 1 to 1-½ inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Montreal seasoning
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- Easy Blue Cheese Sauce Optional
Preheat empty air fryer with crisper plate or basket in place at 390°F for 3 minutes.
Pat meat dry.
While air fryer is heating up, toss beef cubes with olive oil and Montreal seasoning.
Chop mushrooms in half or in thirds.
Pour beef cubes and mushrooms into the preheated air fryer and gently shake to combine.
Set air fryer temperature to 390°F and timer for 7 minutes.
After 3 minutes pass, pause and shake the basket. Do this again at 2-minute intervals until the beef cubes reach the desired doneness. Mine finished in 7 minutes. The time will vary by machine and based upon the thickness of the cubes. The best way to determine if the meat is done is to pause and check it. Lift a large piece out and test it with a meat thermometer or cut and peek in the middle to see the progress. Note that the meat will continue to cook once it is removed from the air fryer and is resting. Meat is medium at 145°F and has a warm pink center.
Allow the meat to rest a couple of minutes before serving and then enjoy!
I made this recipe with top sirloin steak filets. Any top sirloin cut is ideal. But, I've also seen tips, tenderloin and NY strip steaks used.
To scale the recipe use the following guideline: Use 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and 1 Tablespoon Montreal seasoning for 1 pound of beef.
- To cook on the stovetop, follow the directions for preparing the beef cubes and mushrooms. Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a skillet (preferably cast iron) over high heat and then add beef cubes and mushrooms. Allow beef cubes to cook, untouched on each side for several minutes until they reach the desired doneness.
- Important Note: I used a 4-quart air fryer to make these. The outcome may vary if you have a different brand or size of air fryer. ALWAYS follow the instructions for your appliance and adjust the cooking process based upon your experience. I try to give lots of tips that will make this recipe successful no matter what type of air fryer is used.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg