Overnight Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
Enjoy Overnight Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding with toppings or savor with no toppings at all as any good pudding can be. It's low-carb and absolutely delicious!
Servings 2 servings
- 1/2 cup whole milk or other type of milk including skim, almond, soy or rice milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain, whole or non-dairy alternative
- 1 Tablespoon no-carb sweetener to equal 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds Add another Tablespoon for a thick consistency
- Optional toppings berries, nuts, chocolate chips
- Additional sweetener to taste at serving time
Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a small bowl.
Stir in chia seeds.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Chia seeds will begin to gel.
Uncover and stir to evenly distribute chia seeds throughout the pudding.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or for about 8 hours.
Divide between 2 serving dishes and top as desired
The options are endless for topping vanilla chia seed pudding. But, remember, every ingredient changes the nutritional information including carb count!
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
- Nuts - almonds, walnuts, and pecans. Toast the nuts for a more intense flavor.
- Berries - raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries, with raspberries being the lowest carb option of the 3.
- Seeds - sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Blueberry compote
- Chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Coconut flakes
Serving: 2g | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 46mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 1mg