Steak Shish Kabobs in Red Wine Marinade
Tenderize your beef shish kabobs with this fragrant red wine marinade with a hint of rosemary. Add your favorite vegetables and you're in for an easy and memorable meal!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 cup Red wine we used Merlot
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3-5 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped; 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 pounds sirloin steak fillets cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 green peppers cut into 8 pieces
- 1 white onion quartered
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 8-10 skewers soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using
Mix marinade ingredients together and pour into a large bag that seals or a flat container.
Add beef to bag and marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Remove beef from marinade, discarding excess marinade.
Assemble shish kabobs by alternating meat cubes and vegetables on a skewer. 3 pieces of meat fit nicely on a 12 inch skewer.
Grill over medium heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Use an oven mitt to turn the skewers.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 792mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 50.8mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3.3mg