Creamy Pasta Pumpkin Sauce
Make a big batch of this creamy pumpkin pasta sauce and use it in your favorite recipes! Over noodles, mac and cheese, pizza. It freezes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 Tablespoon Butter unsalted
- 2 Garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Half and half cream or 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- 1/2 cup Extra sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste I used about 1/4 teaspoon each
Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
Add pumpkin, nutmeg and half and half to sauce pan and stir to combine.
Raise heat and cook until mixture just begins to boil. Keep stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 4-5 minutes. Mixture will begin to thicken.
Stir in cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy! Spoon sauce over noodles or use the same way you would use any recipe that calls for pasta sauce.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6765IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 0.7mg