Download our Free Printable Weekly Dinner Menu Planner and follow our EASY Step-by-Step Process to make a menu that will save time, money and your sanity!
Post the weekly menu for everyone to see and that haunting question “What’s for dinner?” will never happen again!
Printable Weekly Dinner Menu Planner
Print out the template here ==> Free Printable Weekly Dinner Menu Planner and then scroll down and follow our suggestions for making next week’s plan.
How to Make a Weekly Dinner Plan
Consistency is the key to successful dinner planning. The more you do it, the easier it becomes, just like any habit. Here’s how we use the weekly planner:
STEP 2 Review your calendar and jot down any events that are happening during the week in the Notes section.
For example, include soccer games, plans to eat out, late meetings or anything else that impacts the dinner hour.
STEP 3 Consider how much time you will have to make dinner based upon your notes from Step 2.
- Will you need a dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to make?
- Will you have extra time to double a recipe and freeze a dinner for later?
- Can you make extra protein, like chicken or beef, and make a different meal the next day? Cook once, eat twice!
- Not sure what time to start dinner? Would a slow cooker dinner solve the problem?
STEP 4 Decide what to make!
Things to consider:
- Favorite family dinners – It’s never a good idea to make too many new recipes in a given week. Start with what works and then go from there.
- What’s in season? Check out our Seasonal produce guide.
- What items do you have on hand and what’s on sale.
- Are there dinners in the freezer that you made ahead of time?
- Plan around a dinner theme, such as Meatless Monday, Tex-Mex Tuesday, Pizza Night, Soup and Sandwiches, etc.
Want to do all of your meal prep at once? Then check out our Make Ahead Freezer Meals – Gourmet Dinner Plan.
STEP 5 Make a grocery list.
It doesn’t matter whether it’s a paper list on the refrigerator or a Google doc on your phone. Having a consistent place to keep this list is helpful, particularly if you want other family members to add things to the list.
STEP 6 Gather any recipes that are needed and save them to one place.
For example, save them to a designated board on Pinterest.
STEP 7 Review the weekly dinner plan and repeat!
Which dinners were a success this week and what changes should you make next time? Jot the answers down in the Notes section. Save your weekly plans with the feedback. Hopefully, you will get to a point where you can slightly modify or use the same meal plan over and over again as we did in this Healthy Weekly Dinner Plan. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
We hope you found these suggestions helpful. We’d love to hear about any tips or successes you’ve had!