Incredibly flavorful and juicy Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken is low-carb, gluten-free and takes MINUTES to prepare. Sit back and relax while it cooks!
Lemon lovers rejoice!
This easy, low-carb and healthy chicken recipe will become a staple at your house. It’s basically the same recipe as our super-popular Lemony Baked Basa and Lemon Pepper Tilapia, except that we used chicken instead. The appeal of both recipes is the ease of preparation (we’re talking about 5 minutes) and the delicious lemony flavor.
This is a classic bake once, eat twice recipe that is very, very versatile.
We love these two concepts so much! Here’s why.
Scenario: You’re on your way home from work and don’t have a dinner plan.
- First, you literally do not have to know anything more. Just pull the chicken out of the refrigerator and get it cooking ASAP. It’s not a 30-minute meal exactly. But, it comes close and it is all hands-off cook time. While it bakes you have some quick decisions to make. We have your back with lots of ideas below.
- Second, while you are at it, make extra chicken so you will have leftovers and can make recipes like Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole the next day!
Happy Ending: In about 35-40 minutes, you have 2 or more dinners and possibly lunches ready to go.
I’m a big fan of making a dinner plan. But, this happens at my house all the time. Now, I just plan on it! Another recipe that works the same way is Baked Blackened Chicken Breasts. It’s popular with fans of spicy!
How do you make Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken?
Simply splash some lemon juice over the chicken, sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder and paprika over each piece of chicken and place a sliver of butter on top. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 30 minutes. The beauty of this recipe is the simplicity of the preparation.
We’ve provided the measurements in the recipe below. But, the amounts can definitely be eyeballed.
Of course fresh lemon is best. But, we keep a bottle of lemon juice in the refrigerator and it works just fine.
The pat of butter helps create the lovely juicy top and makes the chicken moist and delicious. We used a scant teaspoon of butter per serving and it is well worth it.
As for those little green specs you see…that’s dried parsley and it is entirely optional. So are the lemon slices. Use these ingredients to up the presentation.
How do you make Lemon Pepper Seasoning?
To make your own lemon pepper seasoning, you will need to zest several lemons, dry out the zest and then combine it with mashed black peppercorns, salt and other spices such as thyme or minced onion. I’m 100% behind anyone who is up to the task. If so, check out this recipe for Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
Or, buy a jar to keep on your spice rack, which is exactly what I do! In addition to seasoning chicken and fish, use it to liven up vegetables. Sprinkle it on before or after cooking.
Note that depending upon how much salt is included in a blend, you will not need to add additional salt to the recipe.
What do you serve with lemon pepper chicken?
Lemon pepper chicken is very versatile. Simple sides such as green beans, asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, new potatoes and carrots will easily round out dinner. Many of these vegetables will cook nicely alongside the chicken too. Other ideas include serving it over salad greens, couscous or Curried Cauliflower Rice.
Slice or dice the chicken and use it in:
- Casseroles like Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole Pie
- Soups like Creamy White Bean Chicken Chili
- Salads like Kale Quinoa Salad with Sesame Aioli or Chicken Arugula Rice Salad
- Make ahead lunches like Taco Salads in Mason Jars
Is lemon chicken healthy?
I absolutely love this recipe because it is such an easy way to add healthy protein to your diet. Dice chicken and freeze it to up the protein content of meals. It’s perfect for South Beach Phase I diet and it’s keto-friendly too.
Video of How to Make Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken
Tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media if you make this recipe. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast Recipe
- 16 ounces Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Parsley garnish optional
- Lemon slices optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently spoon lemon juice over chicken.
- Sprinkle remaining ingredients over chicken.
- Place butter slice on top of chicken.
- Bake uncovered for approx. 30 minutes or until chicken temperature registers 165 F and juices run clear. Spoon juices over chicken, if desired.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon slices, if using.
Pin this to your Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes board on Pinterest!