Enjoy a refreshing green Pineapple Avocado Smoothie with spinach for a delicious and healthy energy boost. It's an easy, 5-ingredient recipe.
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast on the go or a post-workout snack, this easy pineapple green smoothie is a great choice. It's ready in minutes and is naturally dairy-free and vegan too.
Although bright green, it doesn't taste like spinach, kale, or any other green. Much like a blueberry spinach smoothie, fruit masks the earthy taste, so it's kid-friendly too.
In this recipe, the tropical sweetness of pineapple is combined with creamy avocado, resulting in a vibrant-colored, thick, and delicious smoothie that will quench your thirst. It's a great way to sneak fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet.
This pineapple avocado smoothie recipe is packed with ingredients that tout health benefits. Here's what you'll need and why you want to include it:
- Pineapple contains bromelain, which reduces inflammation. It's also a natural sweetener. You may find that added sugar is not even necessary!
- Avocado is high in monounsaturated oleic acid (a healthy fat,) fiber, and contains beneficial nutrients like potassium. It makes this green smoothie creamy.
- Spinach is a powerhouse vegetable rich in many nutrients, including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, iron, folate, and potassium. Kale can be used instead.
- Ground or Fresh Ginger has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and promotes digestion. It enhances the flavors in this recipe.
- Sweetener is optional. We suggest a teaspoon of Stevia, maple syrup, or a touch of honey if needed.
- Water thins the ingredients to the appropriate consistency and is required by some appliances, like a Magic Bullet.
Use frozen or fresh pineapple and avocado in this smoothie recipe. Frozen ingredients tend to result in a thicker consistency. I always prefer frozen spinach because the flavor is milder.
Please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions.
Copycat Avocalodo Variation
If you're a fan of Tropical Smoothie Cafe's Avocolado smoothie, save a trip to the store by making these changes. Use coconut water instead of filtered water, and add a squeeze of fresh lime to the mixture.
You might also like Strawberry Smoothie with Yogurt!
How To Make It
To make a pineapple avocado smoothie, cut the pineapple and avocado into chunks. Then, add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender, such as Blentec or Vitamix. Add additional liquid and follow the instructions for the appliance used. Usually, ¼ cup to ½ cup of water is needed.
For a Nutribullet, follow these directions:
- Break up the spinach if it's clumped together, and place it on the bottom of the blender pitcher.
- Layer avocado, pineapple chunks, ginger, and sweetener on top.
- Add liquid to the fill line. We added ½ cup of water.
- Blend until smooth.
If the mixture becomes too thin, add a few ice cubes to thicken it. Alternatively, to thin the smoothie mixture, add a little more liquid.
Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder, hemp hearts, or chia seeds to the smoothie to boost the protein.
Avocadoes mixed with pineapple won't turn brown right away. However, it would be best if you enjoyed the smoothie right away. If you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator and finish the drink within 24 hours.
Smoothies are fantastic make-ahead meals, and this pineapple avocado smoothie is no exception.
Make individual smoothie packs, by placing all ingredients, except for the water, into a resealable plastic bag. Store the bag flat in the freezer until ready to make it.
When you're ready to enjoy it, simply dump the ingredients into the blender and add the required amount of liquid.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a rating and tell us how you liked it!
Pineapple Avocado Smoothie with Spinach
- ½ cup spinach frozen, chopped, with large clumps broken up.
- 1 cup pineapple chunks frozen or fresh
- ½ Hass avocado Seed and skin removed
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger or 2-3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger.
- 1 teaspoon Stevia Blend maple syrup, honey; optional to equal 1 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- ½ cup water or amount required per blender instructions
- Add ingredients to a Nutribullet or blender and process until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add a few cubes of ice if consistency is too thin.
This smoothie was very tasty. I did not need to add any sweetener because the pineapple and ginger did the trick!