This simple strawberry smoothie with yogurt is thick and creamy and low in calories and fat. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this copycat version of this Tropical Smoothie favorite.
It’s safe to say I’m smoothie-obsessed. I’ve been experimenting with various berry combinations in this Simple Green Smoothie for Beginners.
It’s a variation of this recipe and calls for blueberries AND spinach. But, I threw in a few strawberries too because strawberries make everything better!
In fact, this simple strawberry smoothie with yogurt is a bit of tribute to my very favorite berry and the smoothie that I just can’t resist when I’m at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
When the craving hits, I just gotta have one. (It reminds me of those late-night frozen yogurt runs I used to make in college during a study session. Although I’m pretty sure procrastination played a role back then.)
In any event, I just couldn’t keep traipsing down the street to the closest smoothie joint. It was too expensive and sucked up valuable time.
This simple strawberry smoothie with yogurt replicates, pretty closely if I do say so myself, the Strawberry Beach™ Smoothie I occasionally enjoy at Tropical Smoothie Cafe.
I don’t have their secret recipe. Through trial and error and with a lot of perseverance, here’s what I learned about making this yummy treat at home:
Simple Strawberry Smoothie with Yogurt Tips and Tricks
- Use slightly frozen fruit to give the smoothie a thicker consistency.
- Unless you have a super-duper fancy blender, defrost the fruit just to the point that you can cut it with a knife.
- If the smoothie isn’t the right consistency, add a little extra fruit or ice to make it thicker.
- Taste test the smoothie before you pour it out of the blender. The formula will vary just as the size of the berries do. Add more strawberries or sweetener as needed.
How to Make Strawberry Smoothies in a NutriBullet Magic Bullet
This recipe is easily adaptable for a Magic Bullet or similar applicances. Follow the manufacturer’s directions. Just leave out the ice for this type of preparation and add the appropriate amount of water instead.
Other Smoothie Variations to Try
Althought this is my favorite, strawberry quantity can be replaced with just about any combination of fruit, such as:
You’ve got to try this!
Thanks for pinning!
Simple Strawberry Smoothie with Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries partially defrosted (to the point that you can just slice with a knife)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt or Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Stevia Sugar Blend 2 Tablespoons sugar or 4 packets of Splenda or other sweetener of choice.
- Cut strawberries into large chunks.
- Place ingredients in blender and cover with top. Blend until smooth.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!