Crispy Parmesan Cauliflower Bites will be the hit of your party or dinner table! They are low-carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free and melt in your mouth delicious! Follow our easy breading technique to get these in your belly quick!
Sometimes I think I could start a PR firm just to represent cauliflower! I sing its praises in so many recipes.
Curried Cauliflower Rice and Cauliflower Grits will make you second guess the need for rice. This amazing vegetable even makes an appearance on pizza night as cauliflower pizza bites or crust. And, these Parmesan Cauliflower Bites will sit proudly alongside traditional wings on any party table.
This versatile vegetable just needs to be advertised correctly.
For example, this tasty finger food could be called Parmesan Cauliflower Poppers. The florets are lightly coated in butter and then breaded with Parmesan cheese, paprika and roasted until crispy. You'll want to pop one in your mouth as soon as they come out of the oven.
Did you fall for my trick?
I called them "poppers" and baked them until they will melt in your mouth and now you're really interested. I'm sure it doesn't hurt my case that they look tasty and they really ARE the best low-carb, keto-friendly, clean-eating "wings" around.
They will literally put a smile on your face, especially if you use our easy breading technique.
How to bread cauliflower with Parmesan cheese the easy way
Melted butter makes Parmesan cheese stick to the cauliflower. In order to keep this recipe low-carb and gluten-free, we did not add any breadcrumbs. Paprika and black pepper are mixed with the cheese too.
However, adding some whole wheat panko breadcrumbs is very tasty. We used a breading variation with breadcrumbs for Parmesan Chicken Nuggets which will also work here.
Now, for a little rant and a tip...I really do hate to mess up lots of dishes and/or clean up a mess. So, I use a "1" bowl with a lid to do all the dirty work. Simply melt butter in the bowl. Add the cauliflower, close the top and gently shake to coat the florets. Open the lid and use a spoon to check that the butter is distributed evenly and use the spoon to toss the florets a little more if necessary.
Next, sprinkle the cheese mixture over the top of the florets and repeat.
Note: These steps can be done in smaller batches if desired.
Finally, spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet and bake until crispy.
No fuss, no muss...except please be aware that the paprika makes these crispy parmesan cauliflower bites the pretty color that they become...and paprika doesn't play well with a white shirt! It's not a bad idea to enjoy them with a fork.
Aren't they gorgeous?!
Please rate this recipe below and tag @DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Parmesan Cauliflower Bites - Just 5 Ingredients
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss cauliflower florets with melted butter.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, paprika and pepper in a large container or plastic bag that closes.
- Add cauliflower florets and gently toss to coat.
- Place cauliflower in a single layer on baking sheet sprayed to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges begin to crisp.
- Enjoy hot from the oven!
- Preheat air fryer to 390 °F.
- Spray the crisper plate with olive oil and place cauliflower in a single layer and lightly spray the tops with olive oil to promote crispiness.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until desired tenderness. You can gently turn the pieces over with a rubber-tipped spatula halfway through, but I often don't need to do this.