Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs have all the ingredients of this family favorite recipe neatly packaged into meatballs that can be served over spaghetti, in a sub roll…or as a tasty appetizer.
Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, marinara sauce, egg and basil. Yep. These meatballs really do have every single ingredient you would find in a traditional Chicken Parmesan recipe. Except, it’s not traditional. And, when you eat them, it feels new and exciting. If you’re a fan of chicken parm, you’ve got to try these.
Just like the closely-related, Spinach and Pinenut Meatloaf Muffins and Mango Turkey Burgers, Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs freeze well…really well. So, you know the mantra…make lots and freeze the extras and you’ll always have a delish 5:00 Dinner Plan.
How will you serve Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs?
You have options…
For a traditional spaghetti and meatball dinner, bake the meatballs and the sauce right in the baking dish and serve. It’s almost a one pot meal, except you’ll need to mess up another pot to cook the spaghetti. It is, however, a 30 minute meal.
Appetizers anyone? Serve meatballs with a side of marinara for dipping to guaranteed applause. I also call this my kid-friendly version because who doesn’t like to dip?!
And, then there’s the spookified version. It’s with great hesitation that I share this picture. It was my grand vision to serve eyeball meatballs on Halloween night. I’m thinking two eyeballs would have been better than one and perhaps I would have a little ball-shaped monster. 🙂
In any event, I hope you get the picture…there are lots of ways to enjoy these Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs!
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs or GF substitute (I used whole wheat)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into slivers
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce, divided; ⅓ cup for meatball mixture and the remaining sauce for serving
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients (only ⅓ cup marinara sauce), except for the chicken, to a large bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Add the ground chicken to the bowl and combine.
- Form mixture into Tablespoon-sized balls.
- Pour remaining marinara sauce in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- Place formed meatballs on top of the sauce.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Serving suggestions: For an appetizer, scoop marinara into a bowl and serve alongside meatballs and toothpick. Or, serve over spaghetti noodles or in a sub roll with more cheese and marinara sauce.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!