Lean strips of beef, snow peas and carrots are stir-fried in a finger-licking good sauce. Perfect for a busy weeknight…dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes and there’s just one pan to clean!
First, let me say that sesame beef strips and stir-fry vegetables is an absolute dream weekday dinner. Say you are walking in the door from work, your tummy is growling and there’s mumbling all around you…you know, the all too familiar, “What’s for dinner?”
So long as you have a few key ingredients on hand, this recipe will make you a hero. The sauce is outstanding and pairs well with many different vegetables and proteins. I like carrots and snow peas in this dish. But, use your favorite veges or whatever you have on hand. This dish is full of flavor and ready lickety-split! (My girls just love it when I say silly things like that!)
Second, I’ve got a confession and a HUGE find in my little corner of the world (that I hope is super helpful for some readers too.) I’ve steered clear of many Asian-inspired recipes the last few years and not because I don’t thoroughly enjoy them. Rather, soy is on our list of foods to avoid due to a food allergy and I found that ingredient very hard to replace. Until now.
Enter Coconut Aminos. I recently discovered this one-for-one replacement for soy sauce that is also gluten-free. And, no, it does not taste like coconut at all. You can read more about it over in my Allergy Friendly Food Products guide.
And, if you’re not trying to avoid soy, then soy sauce works perfectly in this sesame beef strips and stir-fry vegetable recipe. 🙂
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low salt) or coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound of beef strips cut for stir-fry, such as top round beef
- About 10 baby carrots, cut into strips or sliced thin
- 6 ounces of snow peas, string removed
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce (or coconut aminos,) sugar, garlic and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef to skillet in batches and cook for about 3 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Add vegetables and sauce to skillet and cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add green onions and cook for 1 minute more.
- Return beef to skillet and stir to coat with sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds.
A different blogger from the #SundaySupper group shares a #WeekdaySupper recipe Monday through Friday. Be sure to check out this week’s other recipes below. Getting families back to the dinner table is our mission! You can find them on our Pinterest Boards, too. Please join us there and try something new!
- Monday – Supper For A Steal – Thai Green Curry Turkey Meatballs
- Tuesday – Momma’s Meals – Creamy Tomato Pasta & Sausage
- Wednesday – Shockingly Delicious – Lamb Skillet with Spelt, Spinach, Rosemary and Raisins
- Thursday – The Dinner-Mom – Sesame Beef Strips
- Friday – Curious Cuisiniere – Sweet Potato White Bean Chili (Crock Pot)