Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins are made with whole grains, no oil, extra protein, lots of pumpkin and are absolutely irresistible!
You’re going to want to make a double batch of this healthy chocolate pumpkin muffin recipe…one to gift to someone special and another batch to enjoy at home. 🙂
The gift of food is always appreciated, particularly when it’s a delicious and healthy recipe.
That’s exactly what The Recipe Reduxers are sharing this month: breads and quick breads plus creative ways to wrap up these tasty gifts as presents. Check out the links below to all kinds of recipes from my nutrition and healthy foodie friends.
But first, check out this new favorite at our house:
Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
We chocolatized one of the most popular recipes these days on The Dinner-Mom site: whole wheat pumpkin muffins. We added some antioxidant rich unsweetened cocoa powdered and added some skim milk to balance it out. Dark chocolate cocoa powder is divine too!
These little goodies are packed with protein from Greek yogurt, egg and skim milk. You won’t find any oil. But, you will find lots of pumpkin, which makes them very moist. We dotted them with mini chocolate chips for a double dose of chocolate in every bite.
They are sure to be a winner with friends and family!
- 1½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup sugar (I used ½ cup stevia/sugar substitute)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 5.3 ounce container non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir pumpkin, vanilla, milk, egg and yogurt into the dry mix.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill muffins tins lined with paper liners or coated with cooking spray about ⅔ full. (Tip: if using liners, give them a light spritz of cooking spray before filling with batter.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool further.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!