These vegan banana everything cookies are packed with as many healthy ingredients as we could find. But, it’s the taste that will make you crave them for breakfast every day!
These cookies are working overtime! It’s the evolution of Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins and yet another great use for ripe bananas. (Do you have one that’s getting too brown on your counter?!)
We put every possible ingredient in this breakfast / snack / dessert cookie so that it would be:
- Healthy – so it’s perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Vegan – so everyone can enjoy it.
- Flourless – to share with gluten-free friends.
- Full of protein – to power you through whatever comes your way.
- Full of fiber – so you won’t want to eat a million of them.
- Very, very tasty – otherwise, why bother!
The flavors and textures perfectly complement each other and result in moist and chewy vegan banana cookies that are packed with flavor and nutritional benefits.
They are a grab and go breakfast, lunch box treat or an anytime snack. I love to surprise my dd with these!
In hindsight, these could have been called everything but the kitchen sink cookies. I literally pulled out all of the ingredients at our house and then mixed and matched to achieve the perfect balance. I had to make sure there was something for everyone. No one flavor overpowers the other; they just seem to blend together.
Although I’m partial to the ingredient combination used, I urge you to make this recipe your own! An entirely different flavor profile is easily achieved. Here are a few suggestions.
- Nut butter – try it with peanut butter, sunflower seed butter or cashew butter.
- Sweetener – swap out honey or agave nectar for maple syrup.
- Nuts – keep it nut-free and double up on another ingredient or try pecans, macadamia nuts.
- Seeds – pumpkin seeds come to mind!
- Flax – use those chia seeds.
- Dried fruit – cranberries, dried blueberries or apricots.
- Chocolate – hello white chocolate!
Now that’s a banana cookie! 🙂
Serving and Storage Tips
Nothing beats a cold glass of milk paired with a cookie at the end of a long day (if I do say so myself!) The combo is very satisfying.
Store vegan banana cookies in an airtight container and eat within 3-5 days. We like to individually package one or two in plastic wrap so they are easy to enjoy on the run.
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Banana Everything Cookies Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas to yield about 1 cup mashed
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter or preferred nut or seed butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats not the quick cooking kind
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add almond butter, vanilla, honey and cinnamon to bowl and mix to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients to wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop Tablespoon-sized balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press each ball down to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm.