Enjoy Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins at breakfast, for a snack or as a sweet ending to a meal! They're easy to make, healthy, vegan and gluten-free.
I buy a few bananas every time I go to the grocery store. They rarely get to the too ripe stage because they're gobbled up quickly by my two banana-loving family members. (I'll tell you about my trick to overcome this problem below.)
These tasty little cookies are healthy enough to enjoy as a breakfast cookie and are a very satisfying snack.
They're perfect when you are always on-the-go. I just might have a few bouncing around in my purse right now!
Tips for Making Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Simply mix all the ingredients together and bake.
What you see is what you get. So, shape your cookies before they go into the oven. Make tablespoon-sized round balls and slightly flatten them on the baking sheet. They do not spread while baking.
How to adjust the sweetness of Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the cookie.
- Addd 1 Tablespoon of honey for a little more sweetness. If the batter is not sweet enough, add another Tablespoon. Or try it with no honey at all!
- To keep this recipe strictly vegan, use agave nectar.
- Raisins give a sweet pop of flavor too! (I'm getting pressure to try it with mini chocolate chips!)
- For a hint of apple flavor...and for an extra dose of sweetness, add apple butter or apple sauce.
How to ripen bananas in the microwave
The biggest stumbling block to enjoying one of these healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies right away is a ripe banana. In a pinch, you can soften the banana in the microwave!
Poke an unpeeled banana all over with a knife. Place the banana on a microwave safe plate and cook on high for 30 seconds. Check to see if it is soft. If not, continue cooking and checking at 15 second intervals. Allow it to cool first before using.
It won't be quite as sweet using the microwave technique, but you will be snacking on these Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in no time.
More Cookie Recipes
Check out The 15 Best Vegan Cookie Recipes including these reader favorites:
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up.
Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins
- 2 Ripe Bananas to yield about 1 cup mashed
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats not the quick cooking kind
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins or chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon honey, optional
- Preheat oven to 370 °F.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Shape batter into Tablespoon-sized balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press each ball down to slightly flatten.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until firm.