You're going to want to put this easy blue cheese sauce on London Broil, steaks, burgers and everything else in sight!
The easy, creamy blue cheese sauce is like the " icing." Top steak made with the Best London Broil Marinade or Air Fryer Steak Bites with this sauce and it's sure to be a winner. It's outstanding on burgers too.
Confession time! I actually dislike crumbled blue cheese...by itself. But, I looove this blue cheese sauce on beef and green beans.
If there is any sauce leftover, I freeze it in small-sized portions. Then, I pull it out and warm it up whenever a dish needs a little pizzazz.
Ingredients in Easy Blue Cheese Sauce
This creamy blue cheese sauce has just 4 ingredients:
- Sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- Crumbled blue cheese.
Use full-fat, low-fat, fat-free or any combination in between. Greek yogurt can be substituted for sour cream if that something you are used to doing.
We typically use full-fat ingredients in this recipe and I don't feel the least bit guilty about this creamy sauce because a little goes a long way.
I found this gem at Allrecipes a long time ago!
How to use Easy Blue Cheese Sauce
This sauce is outstanding on
- London Broil
- Meatloaf muffins, like Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf Cups
- Green vegetables, like green beans, asparagus and broccoli
- Baked Potatoes - It's a Topping Idea for Crock-Pot Baked Potatoes
- As a dip for chicken wings
Have another idea for this tasty sauce? Add it to the list in the comments below.
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or @DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up.
Easy Blue Cheese Sauce
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan.
- Stir in crumbled blue cheese.
- Heat sauce over medium-low heat for several minutes to warm.