The BEST Molasses Marinade for Grilled Pork Chops is thick and sweet from molasses and zesty from cider vinegar and spices! Super popular dinner recipe at our meal assembly kitchen for boneless or bone-in pork chops.
This versatile sauce is truly one of the best marinades around. Freeze uncooked meat in the sauce for no-fuss grilling all year long.
Don’t want to pull out the grill? See the directions for baking pork chops. Or, try it with pork tenderloin.
It’s also tasty with chicken…it will truly become your signature grilling sauce!
Molasses? Yes, that super thick, dark syrup you may have come to know when baking cookies at Grandma’s house, is also the secret ingredient in this tasty sauce.
It’s the star of the show. If you have questions about molasses, check out this Frequently Asked Questions page on the Grandma’s Molasses site. I use the entire 12-ounce jar and double the recipe. Each batch makes more than enough to marinate 6 pork chops.
To make molasses marinade, combine molasses, brown sugar, cider vinegar, allspice, red pepper flakes, dried onion, salt, and pepper. That’s it!
Pork chops turn our moist and juicy with a thin glaze. They’re a crowd-pleaser and kid-friendly!
How to Freeze Pork Chops in Molasses Marinade
If you want to make ahead and freeze this recipe, place the desired number of uncooked pork chops in a bag that seals, pour in the marinade and turn to coat the meat. The chops will freeze nicely and the marinade infuses beautifully as it undergoes the freezing and defrosting process. It’s the same process we use for The Best London Broil Marinade.
Another method is to freeze the molasses marinade without the meat. Add to containers for lots of flexibility. This marinade is great on pork tenderloin and chicken too.
If you want to cook the chops right away, marinate the meat for 2 – 24 hours for a nice deep flavor.
Grill molasses marinated pork chops over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the chop. Or, use the broiler for about the same length of time with the rack about 3-4 inches from the heating element.
Please rate this recipe if you make it and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Molasses Marinade for Grilled Pork Chops
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 30 ounces Pork chops approximately 3/4 inch thick, each
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the pork chops, in a bag that seals.
- Add pork chops to bag and turn to coat all sides. Alternatively, marinate pork chops in glass baking dish.
- Marinate pork chops for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove pork chops from marinade and discard excess.
- Grill for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side, depending upon the thickness of the meat. Or broil for about the same amount of time with rack about 3-4 inches from the heating element.