This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Zucchini Noodle Alfredo is the healthy answer to cravings for a decadent pasta dish. It's creamy, cheesy, low-carb and best of all...it takes just minutes to prepare!
I have just one more zucchini recipe before summer's end!
It's an easy alfredo recipe with just 5 ingredients. If you don't count the olive oil, then there are only 4! (I'm not exactly sure what the rules are for making this type of declaration, so I erred on the side of over-reporting!)
No matter how you count it...
Zucchini Noodle Alfredo is a one-pan wonder!
No...zucchini doesn't taste just like pasta. I'm not going to make anyone hold their nose and say it is so. But, my taste buds are sure fooled by the long strands which look like noodles and are coated with a cheesy, creamy sauce.
I feel like I'm eating a type of pasta and I don't have to try very hard. 🙂
Use a spiralizer to make the "noodles." They come in all price ranges and it's worth every penny to easily make vegetable noodles like these or for Cucumber Onion Salad. Check out our recommendations below.
But, ribbons made with a vegetable peeler are another option.
And then there is the sauce...sigh! It's a rich mixture of cream cheese, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a touch of sour cream. A little goes a long way so pay attention to the ratio of noodles to sauce.
Of course, this alfredo sauce can be tossed with regular pasta noodles and used in many other applications (I'm thinking over veggies or topping a baked potato.)
But...if you are a zucchini lover, I highly recommend that you give this recipe a try!
If zucchini isn't in season, be sure to check out this Spaghetti Squash Alfredo Recipe. It's delish too!
Please rate this recipe below and tag @DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Easy Zucchini Noodle Alfredo
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 Tablespoons cream cheese 1 ounce room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to made zucchini noodles.(I have Vegetti and Paderno spiralizers. See links below.)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add zucchini noodles to pan and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Remove noodles to serving dish.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream and Parmesan cheese to pan and stir to combine.
- Pour sauce over noodles and toss to combine.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.