Quinoa fruit salad is the perfect blend of blueberries, strawberries, pineapple and quinoa with a delightful honey lime dressing. Need a healthy recipe for a potluck? This one's a winner!
The occasion is at my brother's house so I'm feeling very little stress at the moment. That said, being miss fancy pants food blogger around our house, I can't just bring any 'ol dish. But...it can't be complicated either.
Shhhh...Did I mention that I'm thoroughly enjoying this reprieve from hosting duties. 🙂
So, I settled on fruit salad. Everyone likes fruit. Right? The kiddos do, I do and the grandparents do too.
To make things interesting, I mixed in a decent portion of healthy quinoa...which is always a fun topic of conversation...(yes..it's pronounced "keen-wah") and then dressed it up with a honey lime dressing. The result has such a nice texture and is absolutely delicious!
Has the quinoa trend caught on at your house?
Quinoa Fruit Salad is an easy, healthy and fun recipe!
Honey Lime Dressing brings all of the flavors together. I've been playing around with various ingredient combinations for an upcoming Caribbean Salad recipe. When I ran across a honey lime dressing served at Disney's 'Ohana restaurant at the Polynesian resort, I knew I had a winner. I've never had the official dressing. But, I'll order it post haste if I ever get the chance. I left out the minced onions for this quinoa fruit salad recipe. Stay tuned, I'll be using this dressing again, onions and all, very shortly.
You'll need about 8 cups of your favorite fruits, cut into bite-sized pieces. Take your pick: strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, blackberries, raspberries, mango...even a sprinkling of dried fruit would be nice.
Mix everything together, let the flavors mingle and enjoy!
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you are cooking up!
Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- ¾ cup quinoa well-rinsed
- 1 ½ cups water
- 8 cups fruit strawberries, blueberries and pineapple cut into bite-sized pieces
Honey Lime Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Place quinoa and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Grains will be soft and translucent and the germ ring will be visible on the outside of the grain.
- Transfer quinoa to serving bowl, fluff with fork and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add fruit to quinoa and stir to combine.
- To prepare dressing combine ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously and pour over quinoa and fruit. Toss to coat.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL !