Put your senses in vacation mode with this Caribbean salad drizzled with honey lime dressing made famous by Disney's 'Ohana restaurant. Pineapple, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, cilantro, green onions and more will tantalize your taste buds.
Kick off your shoes. You're in for a treat!
I don't want to rush things because spring is a perfectly lovely time of year. But, I'm ready for a relaxing summer vacation. Unfortunately, there are many obstacles before me, including the end of school year hustle and bustle.
Luckily, I discovered a way to transport my senses, if only for the dinner hour, to paradise.
Caribbean salad with honey lime dressing...take me away!
For some reason, I'm on island time when feasting on tender salad greens mingled with fresh pineapple chunks, mandarin orange segments and dried cranberries. (I am partial to butter lettuce, but mixed greens would be nice too.)
Cilantro and green onions add another delicious flavor dimension.
And, then there is the eye appeal of sesame and Chia seeds. Aren't they festive? They add to the mood that I'm trying to set with this salad.
Not to mention, I'm always looking for ways to incorporate the powerhouse Chia seed into meals other than my morning oatmeal!
I'm still obsessing over the honey lime dressing served at Disney’s ‘Ohana restaurant at the Polynesian resort. I used a version of this recipe, minus the onions, in Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing. For this salad, the onion adds just the right zing to the dressing.
I'm imagining a fancy drink with a little pink umbrella, warm breezes and sand between my toes. Ahhh...all thanks to this easy Caribbean salad.
Pin it to your salad board:
Please rate this recipe and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see what you're cooking up!
Caribbean Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
- 8 cups salad greens I used butter lettuce
- 2 cups pineapple cut into small cubes
- 2 cups mandarin orange segments packed in water
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 4 teaspoons Chia seeds
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups black beans chicken, shrimp or your favorite protein
Honey Lime Dressing
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup canola oil, organic and cold-pressed
- 1 Tablespoons onion finely diced or grated
- Pinch Salt
- Layer salad greens, pineapple, mandarin orange segments, cranberries, cilantro and green onion between 4 plates or in a large bowl.
- To make the honey lime dressing, add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.
- Sprinkle Chia seeds and sesame seeds over the top.
- Top with black beans or desired protein.