Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups are proof that you don’t need a complicated recipe with lots of ingredients to have a tasty and beautiful entree.
This post is short. Why? Today’s all about simplification and ease. The Sunday Supper group is showcasing recipes which use 5 ingredients or less…but, definitely don’t sacrifice on taste! If this is something you need in your life, be sure to bookmark the HUGE recipe round-up below.
Chicken asparagus roll-ups is one such recipe…
To make this easy entree, all you need to do is layer a slice of Swiss cheese over a thin-sliced chicken cutlet and roll in some fresh asparagus. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top to seal in the juices and Ta-Da! You have a tasty, entertainment-worthy presentation that took very little time or effort. Use your extra time to make a fabulous side dish or dessert…or do your nails. Time is on your side and under your control. 🙂
Chicken roll-ups or “roulades” are such an easy way to dress-up chicken. If you’re not a fan of Swiss cheese and asparagus, then perhaps Chicken with Mango Chutney and Brie are your style. Any way you happen to roll, it’s an easy and fun technique that’s always a crowd-pleaser.
- 16 asparagus stalks, hard ends snapped off
- 4 thin-sliced chicken cutlets, about ¼ inch in thickness
- Salt to taste
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 teaspoons breadcrumbs (any kind, seasoned, panko or gluten-free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place asparagus in a microwave-safe container with 1 Tablespoon water and cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Microwave asparagus on high for about 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is tender, but still firm. Set aside.
- Place chicken cutlets on a flat surface and sprinkle both sides with salt.
- Layer a slice of Swiss cheese over each chicken cutlet.
- Place 4 asparagus stalks on top of each slice of Swiss cheese.
- Roll chicken up jelly roll style. Secure with a tooth pick, if necessary.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of breadcrumbs over each chicken roll-up.
- Place chicken roll-ups in a baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and has reached a temperature of 165 degrees F.
Be sure to check out the other amazing recipes with 5 ingredients or less by the Sunday Supper contributors! A big thank you to Alice Choi of Hip Foodie Mom for hosting today’s event.
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fruited Jasmine Rice from It’s Yummi
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL & RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!