Mango Chutney Chicken and Brie Roll-ups use just 4 ingredients and take minutes to prepare! It's a low-carb, crowd-pleaser that's perfect for holidays and weeknight dinners!
The simple combination of creamy brie cheese and tangy mango chutney made this a popular special occasion dinner recipe at our make-ahead meal kitchen!
Assemble ahead of time and freeze, just like Herb Crusted Chicken. Or, enjoy it right away!
There's no need to tell anyone just how easy it is to make. And, you will be asked. So, prepare your story, if you intend to impress!
Follow these tips and dinner will be ready in no time.
How to Flatten Chicken
Chicken should be about 1/4 inch in thickness. Uggh. That's me not excited about pounding chicken.
Then don't. Buy chicken "cutlets" instead.
Otherwise, place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap or inside a plastic bag (don't seal it.) Use a mallet to gently pound the chicken thin, starting in the middle and working out to the edges.
For either method, the goal is to have uniformly thick chicken so that the dish cooks evenly!
Tips for Working with Brie Cheese
Brie is a soft, creamy cheese that's considered a delicacy! It can be purchased in a wheel or as a wedge. It's easy to use if follow these tips:
- Keep brie cheese cold and it will be easy to work with. Leave it out while you are doing other things and it will get very gooey.
- For this recipe, cut brie into slices about 3/8 inch thick which is more than quarter, but less than half an inch.
- You can, but you don't have to, remove the white rind on the cheese. It melts and mixes with the mango chutney in this recipe. It's still on the strips in the picture above.
- If you want to remove the powdery outer skin, then cut it off with a knife or scrape it off with the edge of a spoon.
How to Stuff Mango Chutney Chicken
We rolled mango chutney and brie inside flatten chicken because it's so easy to do!
Layer a slice of brie and a heaping teaspoon of mango chutney in the center of each piece of chicken. Roll up the chicken and secure it with a toothpick (which was not absolutely necessary, but it is nice just in case.) Sprinkle paprika over the top. Bake!
Some of the sauce and cheese will ooze out. Spoon it over the top and serve the chicken with some more mango chutney on the side.
I bought a small jar of prepared mango chutney and used the leftover amount to make Turkey Burgers with Mango Chutney.
In case you're inspired to make your own, I found a homemade mango chutney recipe over at Simply Recipes which looks very tasty.
Alternative methods: Butterfly standard chicken breasts or make a pocket and stuff the ingredients inside.
First of all, don't bake anything! Prepare Mango Chutney Brie Chicken up to the point where cooking would begin and freeze the roll-ups uncooked.
Place chicken in a single layer in a freezer-safe container. Cover, label, and store in the refrigerator for up to two months. When you are ready to enjoy this dish, defrost the roll-ups in the refrigerator and then cook according to the recipe instructions.
It doesn't get any easier than that!
More Special Occasion Chicken Recipes
Please rate this recipe if you make it and tag @DinnerMom or #DinnerMom on social media. We love to see and SHARE what you are cooking up!
Mango Chutney Chicken and Brie Roll-ups
- 20 ounces Chicken breast cutlets about 1/4 inch in thickness
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces brie from a small wedge
- 4 teaspoons mango chutney plus extra to serve over the top if desired
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lay chicken cutlets flat on piece of wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cut brie into 6 slices about 1/4 inch thick and about the width of the chicken.
- Place a slice of brie in the center of each piece of chicken.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of mango chutney on top of the brie.
- Carefully roll the chicken, keeping the brie in the center of the roll.
- Place chicken roulades in a baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Spoon excess juices that ooze out of the chicken over the chicken and serve with additional mango chutney on the side, if desired.
- Using chicken cutlets saves you from pounding chicken to the desired thickness.
- Alternative methods: Butterfly standard chicken breasts or make a pocket and stuff the ingredients inside.
- To flatten chicken breasts, place them between sheets of plastic wrap or inside a plastic bag (don't seal it.) Use a mallet to gently pound the chicken thin, starting in the middle and working out to the edges.
- Use uniformly thick chicken so that the dish cooks evenly!
- Keep brie chilled so it's easy to work with.
- The rind on the brie is edible and blends with the mango chutney during the cook process. But, you can cut it off.