Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon reduces the amount of time spent in the kitchen, but does not take short cuts with flavor. Beef, bacon, mushrooms, carrots and onions are slow-cooked to perfection in a rich red wine sauce.
I have grandiose dreams of a Christmas Eve where everyone arrives to our house beckoning with enticing smells of the dinner to come. Holiday music plays softly in the background and joyful banter and laughter ensues. After a delicious dinner, we retire to the living room where we sing carols around the Christmas tree, sipping a glass of wine or hot cocoa. Everyone leaves cheery and ready for more celebration the next day. Very shortly thereafter, I slip into into my cozy bed, tired, but appreciative of how blessed I am.
I am definitely not cleaning up the kitchen for hours on end and then furiously wrapping presents, all the while watching the clock because time’s a wasting. Nope. This is not how the evening ends.
This year I plan to shorten the distance between my dream and reality with a recipe befitting the occasion…Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon. It’s a Julia Child specialty, so you know it’s good. And, although I’m not sure how Julia would feel about cooking it all day in a slow cooker, I’m sure she would appreciate the reasoning behind this method…more time with family and friends.
A critical ingredient in Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon is good red wine and I am thrilled to be able to showcase a Gallo Family Vineyard wine in this recipe.
I never cook with anything I wouldn’t drink, so I always have a bottle of red and white wine on the shelf. Gallo Family Vineyards offers 16 wines year-round, so it’s easy find the perfect one.
I’m also keen on their family focus, including “family” you share a common bond or interest with. Check out their custom crest creator where you can create a family crest from one of 17 crest designs and 300 icons. Share it on social media, save it to your hard drive or use it to create really awesome gifts!
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. However, the opinions expressed herein are completely my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Be sure to check out all the other recipes created by #SundaySupper contributors featuring Gallo Family Vineyards wines. They are sure to make your holiday memorable!
- Clementine, Whiskey & Wine Cocktail by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mandarin Spice Mulled Wine by girlichef
- Cabernet-Shallot Mushroom Cheeseburgers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Cranberry Bacon Stuffing by Momma’s Meals
- Fettuccine with Italian Sausage and Mascarpone by The Foodie Army Wife
- Family Fondue by kimchi MOM
- Lemon White Wine Green Beans & Mushrooms by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Linguine with Spicy Red Clam Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Moscato Gravy by Webicurean
- Moscato Orange Chicken with Olives by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Moscato Stone Crab Scampi by Family Foodie
- Mushroom Risotto by The Messy Baker
- Portabellas Stuffed with Cabernet Onions and Gorgonzola by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Red Wine Risotto by Shockingly Delicious
- Short Ribs With Pasta by Magnolia Days
- Pomegranate White Wine Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fudgy Red Wine Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake by Alida’s Kitchen
- Red Wine Velvet Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.